Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Names Revealed in Exodus

history channel documentary hd A cherishing, private God uncovers His redemptive love and power in the Sabbath, which pictures Him safeguarding us out of our "Egypt" or time of transgression (Deut. 5:15). It is no fortuitous event in this way that He uncovers His names, including His redemptive ones, in Exodus. In Exodus 13 and 14 seven names of God rise: the Eternal God my Shalom, my Shabbat or Rest, Yeshua, Savior, Salvation, Accomplisher, Defender, Vengeance.

Starting in Exodus 3, more names are uncovered to depict Yehovah, or the Eternal One: my Holy God (Ex. 3:5); my Creator Father and my Covenant (3:6); my Prosperity and my Adjudication, which implies God will actually protect us in His noble judgments in the court of paradise (3:7); my Deliverer, Power and Answerer (3:8); my Relief (3:9); my Supreme Commander (3:10); my Sustainer, True Sign (3:12); my Fullness, Answer to all my needs, Supplier (3:14 summarized - "I am whatever or whoever you require Me to be"); my God of Forever, Guide (3:15); my God of Inheritance (3:17); my Anointer (3:18, giving us the words to say and the ability to say them); my Hand of Correction, Tower (3:20); my Enricher (3:21); my Plunderer of Enemies (3:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment